Re: HP PSC 1315 printer and hplip/hpcups printer cartridge mode issue

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 08:13:16 +0000, Harishankar wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 08:02:41 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> As I said you before, our HP laserjet colour printer (PostScript based)
>> do have that option you are looking for. I'd say those enhanced
>> features come with the hardware you are buying... and the money you
>> spend on it
>>>:-)
>

> So your answer is basically "go buy a more expensive printer I don't
> need just to fix this problem."

No, but "keep you informed *before* buying".

> Also I need an MFD. We scan and copy frequently and I don't want to
> spend even more on a laser MFD.

Then you have to spend your money in a good device that have all such
features and it's fully supported on your linux box. There are tons of
hardware devices out there that simply do not work or are not fully
supported in linux :-/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón