Re: need native app to listen to internet radios

On Jo, 29 iul 10, 22:00:30, Madhurya Kakati wrote:
> Is there any good native linux app for streaming online radio? I
> prefer shoutcast.

I have no idea what shoutcast is (and I'm too lazy to google), but I
can't think of any reasonable music player with mp3 support[1] that
can't play internet streams. I have played around to various degrees
with:

mpd (music player daemon - using it right now with Radio Guerrilla - La
Unica Radio Con Cojones http://live.eliberadio.ro:8000 or 8002)
moc (music on console, executable 'mocp')
xmms (winamp clone, deprecated)
xmms2
audacious (sadly the only xmms/winamp clone left that I know of)
bmpx
mplayer
vlc
mpg123
mpg321

[1] that should exclude exclude things like 'cat' ;)

Regards,
Andrei