Re: Logwatchfreshclam log error

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 16:37:51 +0200, Aniruddha wrote:

> I get the following error message with logwatch:

(...)

> # grep log /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/logfiles/clam-update.conf
> # Analyzes the Clam Anti-Virus update log
> # /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/logfiles/clam-update.conf (this file)
> # /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/services/clam-update.conf
> # /usr/share/logwatch/scripts/services/clam-update
> # /var/log/clam-update
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The above path...

> # tail /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And this one, differ.

Is that right? Maybe "logwatch" is looking into "/var/log/clam-update/
freshclam.log" and finds nothing :-?

You can make a quick test and try it with the full path:

***
LogFile = /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log
***

Restart the service and see what happens. Remember to change it after the
test.

If that works, just use a custom rule under "/etc/logwatch/conf/logfiles/
clam-update.conf" and put any modification there as the docs say.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón