Re: bind9 problems

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 16:35:08 +0300, Panayiotis Karabassis wrote:

> Sorry but I am somewhat of a newbie.
>
> Camaleón wrote:
>> I'm not sure what are your goals with this step because the router
>> hasn't to resolve local dns queries, but bind9 :-?
>>
> Don't connected computers resolve dns queries at the router?

They resolve at bind9's side (local queries and remote queries) :-)

> My goal is
> to make all computers on the local network automatically use my bind9
> server.

Your computers, yes, but also the router? That was my doubt :-?

>> How are you exactly querying the router? Did you added the router's
>> local IP into the DNS zone?
>>

> With 'nslookup mylocaldomain.com 192.168.1.1'.

Mmm, as per the zone settings you are using, you should just query "dig
router" or "nslookup router".

>  I don't know much about
> DNS. I attach my zone files.
>
> $TTL    1h
> @ IN SOA ns1.panayk.endofinternet.org.

That domain name already exists in Internet (it's reachable). I suppose
it belongs to you, right? :-?

(...)

> router          IN      A               192.168.1.1

I think that should be enough.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón