Re: COM-port (RS-232) problems

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:44:00 +0300, Max Usachev wrote:

> I have a problem with UPS FSP EP650 with COM-port and Debian. The device
> is workable (I have tested it under Windows), but under Linux it doesn't
> works.

(...)

Most likely a problem coming from:

1/ NUT has wrong permissions to access serial port
2/ NUT device driver is wrong

(...)

> I use NUT for my ups with following ups.conf: user = root
>
> [fsp]
>     driver = apcsmart
               ^^^^^^^^

Are you sure this driver is the correct one for your UPS? :-?

>     port = /dev/ttyS0
>
> nas:~# upsdrvctl start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.3 Network UPS Tools - APC
> Smart protocol driver 2.03 (2.4.3) APC command table version 2.1
> Unable to detect an APC Smart protocol UPS on port /dev/ttyS0 Check the
> cabling, port name or model name and try again Driver failed to start
> (exit status=1)

Additional data for your review:

***
[Nut-upsuser] FSP UPS not listed as supported, but seems to work... at
least a little...
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2010-April/006023.html
***

Greetings,