Re: python-twisted-core on my machines inexplicably still old, breaking installation of python-twisted

On 2010-07-25 19:16 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> On Du, 25 iul 10, 12:37:28, Sven Joachim wrote:
>>
>> Which architecture is that?  On i386, I only see 10.1.0-1 in the latest
>> Packages.bz2 from ftp.at.debian.org.
>
> amd64

Thanks, I see.  The problem is that the twisted source package (which
builds the python-twisted binary package) has not been uploaded yet on
amd64, and even though python-twisted is an arch:all package, it is kept
at the old version.

Previously, an arch:all package was in sync on all arches, but since
that often created uninstallabilities when foo (arch:any) depended on
foo-common (arch:all) of the same source version and foo was not built
yet, the ftp-masters changed that.

In this case this has the undesirable side effect that packages from a
_different_ source package depend on the new version of
python-twisted-core, making them uninstallable on amd64.

Sven