Re: python-twisted-core on my machines inexplicably still old, breaking installation of python-twisted

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 10:28:21 -0800, d8uv wrote:

> I need to install python-twisted, so...

No need to post this twice :-)

> $ sudo aptitude install python-twisted [[...]]
>   python-twisted-mail: Depends: python-twisted-core (>= 10.1) but
> 10.0.0-3 is to be installed.

(...)

> Ok, so I'm on the primary Debian mirror, it's been a day since the
> upgrade, so any cron latency -should- be dealt with by now... and it's
> still broken. I now officially have no clue what to do. Perhaps I should
> try to post it onto a mailing list somewhere, maybe they can help.

Some tips:

- Are you behind a proxy? Maybe your ISP is somehow caching data or
reading the old one :-?

- Are you using some pinning/restrictions/rules for packages?

- Try with another mirror from where to get the data or give "apt-get
update" a chance.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón