Intel P55 chip set sound missing

Another installation problem for my new DP55KG motherboard with an i5-750 4 core cpu. No Sound!.

The chipset is the P55 set and supports AC-97 and HDA protocols. I used the latest Debian Squeeze Network Installation Disk. Neither the onboard jacks or the front panel jacks work. I've checked the system tray audio setting and the intel HDA mixer settings and the generic settings. Everything seems to be OK. Anyone have a clue as to why the sound doesn't work.

This is one of two problems with my Linux installation on this motherboard. The onboard 82578DC Lan chipset doesn't work either. I solved this one by adding an above board NIC.

Gary R.