amd64 does net detect my wired and wireless nic at installation

Hello everyone,

When I try to install amd64 (Debian 5.05) on my new laptop, a Lenovo x201 tablet. I wish to use amd64 because I have 8GB for RAM and I think 64-bit is now the way to go.  The installer does not detect neither my wired or wireless NIC.  The installer gives me a list of network adapter drivers, I select the the appropriate drivers but it keeps saying it cannot find the network hardware.

I tried Ubuntu amd64 and it was succesful but I would prefer to go with Debian.

Someone has a clue on this problem?

thanks,
Bernard