Re: No sound from Flash, but other methods work well

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 11:02, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My Google-fu must not be up to snuff, because I've Googled much without any
> luck.
>
> USB Audio
> 32-bit Sid
> ALSA 1.0.23+dfsg-1
> Flash 10.1r53 (from adobe.com)
> Iceweasel 3.6.4-1 (experimental)
> vlc 1.1.0
> users are in group audio
>
> Sound plays fine from local sources but not from Flash/Iceweasel. (Yes,
> Flash *video* works.)

Ah, Flash, one of the last two major realms of audio suckage (the other is
Wine, of course). I used to have that problem, and also sometimes Flash
audio working, but then nothing else would play.

Actually, I fixed it by using PulseAudio, but maybe you are one of those
against PA?

Of course, my Wine instance still refuses to play sound if any other audio
application is active (e.g. a music player playing or even a finished Flash
video, until you get rid of the Flash process).

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers