Re: Kernel 2,6,32-5-686 wrecks xorg

On 14 Jul 2010, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Mi, 14 iul 10, 06:58:24, Anthony Campbell wrote:
>
> > At the moment I have a blank xorg.conf but I've also used one which has
> > ati as the driver.
> >
> > Here is the log:
>
> > (II) RADEON: Driver for ATI Radeon chipsets:
>
> You need not mess with nouveau, because you have an ATI card and are
> using the radeon driver ;)
>
> > drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
> > [drm] failed to load kernel module "radeon"
> > (EE) RADEON(0): [dri] RADEONDRIGetVersion failed to open the DRM
> > [dri] Disabling DRI.
>
> This looks interesting. Do you have any errors in dmesg related to
> radeon and/or KMS? Please post also the output of 'dpkg -l *radeon*'
>
> Regards,
> Andrei
> --
> Offtopic discussions among Debian users and developers:

After some more experimenting, I've found that it also happens even
without X! So I don't think the problem is with xorg. I'm now using an
installed version of stable and that has no crashes, so it seems to be
something about how the latest kernel interacts with my system. There
are no other linux-images around to try so perhaps I shall have to
compile a kernel myself.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk