Iceweasel/Firefox profiles

Using up to date Iceweasel on Debian Testing.

I have noticed that in Iceweasel/Firefox after setting up a new profile I
start to lose functionality after some months of use. For example I find
now that some graphics are no longer displaying whereas they used to
display. If I go to http://www.openstreetmap.org I see the map window
together with a zoom control but there is no map. If I view the same page
using a new clean profile I do see the map. This happens with some
graphics but not all.

I have disabled all the installed add-ons to no effect.

The strange thing is that my wife's computer uses the same browser on the
same operating system and she doesn't have any such problem.

I'm getting a little fed up at having to start a new profile when this
happens.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

--
Barry Samuels
http://www.beenthere-donethat.org.uk