Re: IPtables localhost redirect

On Friday 09 July 2010 10:06:23 Daniele Orlando wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 08:34, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
> <bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:
> > What have you tried?  It seems like you'd need to change this in a
> > PREROUTING chain, probably in the mangle table.
>
> I have tried any configuration of PREROUTING, POSTROUTING, OUTPUT over
> nat table.
> I have not tried the mangle table, but I know it is used to change the
> packet headers,
> and I think that is not our case.

One of the packet headers is the destination IP, which you are changing.  The
mangle table might be appropriate here.  Since you want that change to affect
which interface is used for sending the packet, it must occur in PREROUTING.

That said, I would not be surprised if there is special handling for 127/8 on
lo* devices.