Re: kopete start-up default status (yahoo protocol)

On Jo, 08 iul 10, 14:23:57, Debian wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> What I'm trying to find out here is if I encountered a
> feature or a bug : I use testing/unstable on my main machine and using
> kopete for yahoo! messenger, quite
> popular around here.

Unfortunately... I've been advertising Gtalk as much as possible, at
least it uses XMPP which is a free protocol.

> I set up kopete's default status
> to be 'online', and in previous versions this meant that I was
> automatically logged in. Now with the same setup when I start kopete,
> the initial status is 'offline' and I have to manually change status
> to 'online'. Anyone else encountered this?

I have seen this myself in the past, but haven't used kopete in a while.
Let's see... No, it's working correctly. I'm using 4.4.4-1 from sid
(should be the same in testing).

Try starting it from a terminal, maybe there are hints. Is pidgin
connecting ok? What version of kopete? I think I recall you're on
testing, but I might be wrong.

Regards,
Andrei