Re: Logitech MX 5500 Keyboard + mouse problem since recent squeeze upgrade

Mark Fletcher escribió:
> I am running amd64 squeeze on an Intel Core i7 920-based machine with
> 8GB RAM. I built the machine about a year ago and have been running
> squeeze on it since.
>
> I use a Logitech ("Logicool") MX5500 wireless keyboard and mouse combo.
>
> For about the last month or so I hadn't updated packages -- not for any
> particular reason, just hadn't gotten around to it. The other day I did
> -- and now my keyboard is not working.
>
> The keyboard and mouse work fine in Windows (on another machine). The
> keyboard also is working as the machine is switched on as I can use it
> to select boot kernel in GRUB. It's once Debian starts booting that it
> breaks.
>
> This is exactly the same symptom I observed a few months ago when the
> upgrade from udev 151-1 to 151-3 or something introduced a mod
> to /lib/udev/rules.d/70-hid2hci.rules which was supposed to fix a udev
> bug but broke a lot of people's keyboards in the process. I successfully
> applied the manual fix for that at the time and have since allowed udev
> to upgrade naturally with no subsequent problems.
>
> So naturally, the first place I looked was udev. I note udev is now at
> version 157, so I wondered if it was broken again. There don't seem to
> be any bugs to this effect logged, so I thought I'd give udev from sid a
> go since it doesn't seem to introduce any dependency problems.
> Installing sid's udev (v158) did not fix it.
>
> I have googled around for this and don't see anything newer than the
> last flurry on this subject a few months ago as referenced above. It's
> almost like no one else is having this problem... :-(
>
> I noticed that the kernel has also been upgraded to 2.6.32-5-amd64, so I
> rebooted and selected the old kernel (2.6.32-3-amd64) and that did not
> help either.
>
> Is anyone else experiencing similar problems? Any advice? I am not sure
> what other information I should provide that would help diagnose the
> problem... Right now I am having to use this
> easily-most-powerful-machine-in-my-network via ssh only from other
> machines as I don't have a spare keyboard and mouse to switch to it.
> Really want to get this machine fully back on its feet ASAP so any help
> appreciated...
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

Hello Mark,

I have the same issue with same combo on my desktop computer. I had the
same problem a few months ago and it was repaired as you explained.
Sorry, I can't give you answers. I did a search and nothing helped.

I've read these bug reports but this time they didn't help:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bluez/+bug/272352

Some help would be very appreciated