Re: SATA disk detected as IDE? SOLVED

On 20100704_154414, Camale?n wrote:

> > I was involved in this confusion at an earlier stage. I'm still
> > confused: What, exactly, do I type into Google to gain a URL of this
> > resource?  Does it REALLY involve HORKAGE with an "H"? And underscores?
> > Presumably this is a well know resource. But only to those who already
> > know, and not to me.
>
> Review your "/usr/src/linux/drivers/ata/libata-core.c" and search for
> "ATA_HORKAGE_NONCQ" string to find a list of blacklisted devices in which
> kernel avoids enabling NCQ for some reason (slow/broken).

On my computer /usr/src/linux/ directory does not exist.

I do have deb-src lines in my /etc/apt/sources.list, but have not used
them much.  Once I downloaded source for find and made a modification
and rebuilt in order to implement a personal preference.

But now I'm looking at debian.org and having difficulty figuring out
what to do to get my /usr/src/linux directory created and
populated. Can someone recommend a howto for deb-src? Is there a
distinction between sid and testing in deb-src?

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net