Re: [OT] monolingual Americans (was switching to console and zapping)

On Saturday 03 July 2010 18:05:53 Ron Johnson wrote:
> But then, I also didn't mention the Virgin Islands or,
> further away, Trinidad and Tobago.

These are not in the USA.  If we are looking world wide there are also:
England [it is, after all, called English ;-)], Wales, Scotland, Ireland,
large swathes of India, Australia, New Zealand, Barbados, Jamaica, South
Africa, parts of West Africa... etc.

It is the language of the Internet, Air Traffic control, Unix/Linux
commands....  and so on.

But I took Ron to be referring to American English, which narrows the field a
little.

Lisi