Re: SATA disk detected as IDE? SOLVED

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> > software...  What is NCQ? (in this context, of course) What is

A way to have various requests "in flight" and let the disk itself order
them to get "better" performance.  Whether it helps performance or not
depends on the IO workload, the kind of device, and the quality of the NCQ
firmware in the device.

> > "ATA_NCQ_HORKAGE list"? The only hit that I get on this string in Google

It is a blacklist for defective products that misbehave when NCQ is
enabled, or which have such a poor excuse of an NCQ implementation that one
should never enable it.

  Henrique Holschuh