Re: After installation, my P2 is still unable to launch Debian

Camaleón wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 22:46:20 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>
> (...)
>

>> The PC then rebooted, and, after the login screen, nothing happens.
>> There's still a background (the default one), but no icon, no menu, no
>> shortcut working. The mouse can be moved, but nothing more. The only
>> working shortcut is Ctrl-Alt-F8, which gives a blinking `-', but nothing
>> more.
>>

> (...)
>
> Have you considered the computer may lack for system resources (such as
> RAM or CPU)? Todays DE (GNOME and KDE) are memory hungry, so couldn't be
> that your machine is very busy? :-?
>
> - What are your PII specs (RAM and CPU)?

896 for RAM. For CPU, this is 350 Mhz, but it can do it!
> - Try to start the system without X (just console) and check how it
> behaves

It does nothing. Exactly the same.
> - Run "top" to watch for high processes consumption of RAM and CPU

I can't! I don't have any access to a suitable console!
> If non-GUI environment runs just fine and you still need a DE, think
> about switching into a lightweight GUI desktop.

It worked previously with another Debian Lenny, coupled with an older
kernel. No reason for it not to work anymore with a more recent one!

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

If you want a thing done right, do it yourself.