Re: Misleading Debian's installer choice

On Friday 02 July 2010 15:14:03 Merciadri Luca wrote:
> Rob Owens wrote:

> >> Same applies for the fact of checking at least two times `/stuff/', for
> >> different (at least two) partitions. If the effect of using such a
> >> scheme is documented, this might be interesting to understand what it
> >> does. But it does not look documented, and I don't understand i) what
> >> could happen if I used such a scheme; ii) its reason to be there.
> >
> > Seems like a good reason to file a bug report, if you ask me.  Before
> > doing so, you might want to actually try an installation like that.  Who
> > knows, maybe the installer will throw an error on the next screen.
>
> Maybe (for the possibly thrown error). I don't know, and I can't test
> nowadays because I simply don't have another PC which could receive a
> new Debian install. But if somebody can test, I would appreciate
> receiving the results.

If I have time, I'll try - once I am clear what it is that you want.  I'm
afraid that at the moment I haven't succeeded in understanding what it is
that you want.

In your explanation, try to keep things the right way round: mount partitions
on mount points, not mount points on partitions.  At the moment I am very
muddled about what you are trying to do.

Lisi

P.S.  Sorry, Luca.  I have only just got round to investigating why my emails
go to you and not the list.  It is a problem that I don't usually have, and I
forgot just now.  Normally I just click "reply" and it goes to the list.  I
usually have to click on "reply special" to reply to the author.