Re: suspend to disk unreliable?

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 09:24:28AM -0700, Mark wrote:

> I would never use Suspend on a desktop due to lack of battery/UPS present.
> As for Hibernate, it takes as long to do a fresh boot as a resume from
> Hibernate on my desktops so really there's not much point there.

The point is saving power by turning off the computer (like over
night) and yet be able to continue exactly where you left. The only
alternative to suspend to disk is to leave it running, which is what
I'm trying to avoid to save power.

If it doesn't work 100% reliably without a lot of testing, I'll have
to leave it running: poor choice Linux offers in that :(