Re: Using gparted GUI to make GPT partition tables

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 11:04:45 -0500
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:

> On Friday 25 June 2010 10:37:39 vr wrote:
> > Is the GUI for gparted effective enough for "dummies" to get properly
> > aligned partitions via mindless clicking? Or do you still have to do
> > some math to get things just right?
>
> IIRC, none of the gparted UIs do any special alignment of partitions.

I'm not sure what exactly we mean here by "special alignment", but if
all that's required is partitions that start at the beginning of the
disk, end at the end, and each begin where the previous one leaves off,
then the GUI is fine, and no math is required, IIRC.

Celejar