Re: Understanding my recurrent network connectivity problems

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 14:09:27 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 11:57:40 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>>

>> (...)
>>
>> I suppose you are using a wifi setup with at least WPA2-PSK (or AES) so
>> we can discard any intruder making "bad things" in your network >:-)
>>
> I am not connecting with WiFi (as stated in my previous message), and
> neither is WiFi activated. (I do not like WiFi, actually.) (I connected
> with RJ-45.)

Good.

>> If so, first step I'd try to change/replace is the router.
>>
> Well, okay, I'll try it. But no other clue? Thanks.

After reading your comments, it seems to be a problem within the router
(you said that "sometines" you cannot reach the web interface and that is
a bad signal). And as router is the "glue" for the rest of the devices
(computer <-> router <-> modem) any network pause or slowness you may
experience can be a consquence of it.

I am not familiar with you setup as I use "all-in-one" devices (ADSL
bundled modem-router) and in my case, yes, sometimes the modem-router
gets "stuck" and I have to powercycle the device to get it operative
again.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón