Re: About USB hard drives and errors

On 2010-04-08 19:44, Paul E Condon wrote:
I want to use the low cost high capacity hard drives that are
for sale in places like Best Buy and Costco. I have put ext3 on
several of them and started experimenting. The results so far
are puzzling.

http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/faq.html#testinghelp
    As for USB and FireWire (IEEE 1394) disks and tape drives,
    the news is not good. They appear to the operating system
    as SCSI devices but their implementations do not usually
    support those SCSI commands needed by smartmontools.

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?