System hangs while rebooting.

Hi,

I have Debian installed on two computers. On one of them it reboots quite finely but I am having following problem with rebooting Debian on my second computer.

When i type reboot at the linux prompt, following messages appear and system hangs up after saying "Restarting System":

Broadcast message from root@myname (tty1) (Sun Jan 17 11:23:26 2010)

The system is going down for reboot NOW!
INIT: Switching to runlevel: 6
INIT: Sending processes the TERM signal
Saving system clock
Stopping enhanced syslog: rsyslogd.
Asking all remaining processes to terminate...done.
Deconfiguring network interfaces...done.
Cleaning up ifupdown....
Deactivating swap...done.
[ 31.789103] Restarting System.
_

Normally when the sytem is busy "_" sign blinks but "_" at the last line above does not blink which shows, the system hanged up. I tried all keys but the screen is still frozen at the same point.

The difference that I noted between my two computers is that I don't have ACPI support in the BIOS of the system which is giving me this error whereas the BIOS of my first computer do have ACPI support on which Debain do not give this Restart hanging problem.

I have also disabled running the acpid script by running "update-rc.d -f acpid remove" but the problem still persists on the second computer.

Any ideas to solve or get around this problem?

Thanks a lot.