Re: Downgrading xorg xserver from 1.7 to 1.6

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 12:32 AM, Stefaan Himpe <stefaan.himpe@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also needed to downgrade when the nvidia driver was broken a few weeks
> ago. I managed to do so as root using dpkg with the -i option.
> Note that apt-get from that moment on complained about some broken packages
> on my system (until I did a dist-upgrade when the nvidia driver was fixed).
>
> For downgrading, I simply used the previous version of the packages, as
> found in my /var/cache/apt/archives folder.
>
> If you cannot find the packages there, you can try to search them via
> http://snapshot.debian.net/

Hello Stefaan, thanks for your reply.

Can you specify which packages you downgraded exactly? I only managed to
find a copy of xserver-common and xserver-xorg-core but installing them
didn't seem to be enough as all I got was a blank screen I could not get
out of (no ctrl+alt+f1/2/3/4).

I found snapshot.debian.net but it seems its last update was on 2008 or
am I looking in the wrong place?