Re: Downgrading xorg xserver from 1.7 to 1.6

I also needed to downgrade when the nvidia driver was broken a few weeks ago. I managed to do so as root using dpkg with the -i option. Note that apt-get from that moment on complained about some broken packages on my system (until I did a dist-upgrade when the nvidia driver was fixed).

For downgrading, I simply used the previous version of the packages, as found in my /var/cache/apt/archives folder.

If you cannot find the packages there, you can try to search them via
http://snapshot.debian.net/

hth,
Stefaan.

What packages do I need to downgrade, and where can I find those
versions?