Re: wicd fails to start after upgrade

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 09:27PM -0500, Wayne <linuxtwo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sebastian wrote:
>>
>> After the last upgrade wicd fails to start. It also stopped writing it's logs and when I call it directly by just entering 'wicd' I get following error:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/share/wicd/daemon/wicd-daemon.py", line 61, in <module>
>>     from wicd.logfile import ManagedStdio
>> ImportError: No module named logfile
>>
>> I tried purging and re-installing it but to no avail...
>> Should I file this as a bug or is it just me not seeing something obvious?
>
> Can't really say as you forgot to tell us what you are running on and
> which version of wicd isn't working.

Ah yeah, sorry...

I'm running squeeze/sid (apt prefers testing) mainly testing yet I am
a bit confused as I can only seem to find version 1.7.0-2 of wicd on
my system but packages.debian.org states that the current testing
version is 1.6.2.2-4 and testing is 1.7.0-2 (my version). I tried
removing it and re-installing with 'apt-get install wicd=1.6.2.2-4'
with the reply: E: Version '1.6.2.2-4' for 'wicd' was not found?!?

Even if I remove the unstable and stable entries from sources.list and
apt/preferences no other versions show up

Is there a good way of checking from which repository an installed
package is, by the way?

TIA, Sebastian