Re: Re (4): Video on Demand, VoD

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 07:32:21 -0700, peasthope@shaw.ca in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
> Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 15:13:02 -0700
>> The plugin in the screenshot is totem-mozilla.
>
> I've removed VLC and installed Totem and now
> the VCR control panel appears.  Progress.
> Thanks.  This should warrant a bug report
> against Debian VLC.

Not sure about that as I'm running Totem and VLC together without any issue
(I'm the one that showed you the screen-shot with the controls).

> New problem: for about a week now in Squeeze,
> the VoD screen opens but there is no movie.
> The VCR panel reports "Stopped  0:00/0:00" and the
> VoD panel reports "Transferring data from www.learner.org...".
>
> Either I've removed a non-obvious package or
> something has become broken recently.
>
> Totem.man doesn't mention a log where a more
> specific error message might appear and I
> haven't had time to dig deeper into documentation.

Hm I would look in '/var/log' and check the error log and some of the other
logs; Grepping them for any instance of Totem might be faster.

> Will someone with a current Squeeze and Totem
> please try this movie.
>    http://www.learner.org/resources/series42.html?pop=yes&pid=615

I'd like to but the stream is too slow; Might be the time of day?

Anyway I played the same stream before and showed you my screen-shot. I had
VLC and Totem both installed then as I do know.

> Thanks,       ... Peter E.

You're quite welcome.