Re: installing mdadm breaks udev (and *lots* of other stuff!) in squeeze

Rick Thomas a écrit :
> Whooo boy!
>
> When I decided to raid my home directories, I never expected this!
>
> Anybody have any suggestions for getting udev and mdadm to coexist?
>
> Rick
>
> ================================
> squeeze:~# aptitude -Pv install mdadm
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Reading extended state information
> Initializing package states... Done
> Reading task descriptions... Done
> The following packages are BROKEN:
>   udev
>   mdadm
> 0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 429kB of archives. After unpacking 1126kB will be used.
>   udev: Breaks: mdadm (< 3.0-3) but 3.0-2 is to be installed.
> The following actions will resolve these dependencies:

Hi, Squeeze isn't in good shape... I've worked around this by installing
mdadm from Sid, no problem so far but I don't reboot the machine too
often (just this morning I found out that fsck may be broken, it doesn't
find my partitions on two different Squeeze computers, still
investigating this...).

Have fun.

Tom