Re: HP G60-249WM Notebook overheats (on lenny)

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 20:40:01 -0700
"Brian C. Wells" <blue_guy_213@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I don't -think- it's a fan problem.  It seems to be blowing plenty
> of hot air out, and I can't see or blow out any obvious clogs w/o
> opening the case.  To me, it seems more like a design defect; this
> laptop has had this kind of problem ever since I got it, which
> wasn't long ago.
>
> Like you say, it's probably a hardware problem, but HP might say
> it's all Linux's fault for not using some proprietary interface.
> (Then again, I haven't asked them.  They might agree with you.)
>
> In any case, thanks for reminding me to check the fan more closely.
>
> Brian

I have a G70, which runs hot.  I used a vacuum cleaner and sucked out
all the openings I could find, which cooled it some.  Then I also got
a Xpad-slim.  It's running at 40.0C right now.  It goes up when I'm
doing some heavy processing.  Once in a while FireFox 3.0 pushes the
temp up, but I can watch streaming movies or YouTube with no
problems, although the temp does rise some.

My understanding is that HPs are notorious for high temps.  :(((

--
Raquel
Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no

  --Ayn Rand