Re: How to uninstall a kernel and *all* of its "dependencies"?

23.10.2009 14:23, Klistvud kirjoitti:
> Dne, 23. 10. 2009 12:49:12 je Johannes Wiedersich napisal(a):
>>
>> Why don't you just give it a try and follow up with any questions or
>> problems you face?
>>
>> --
>> Johannes
>>

> Because I'm not yet familiar enough with Debian (or GNU/Linux, for that
> matter) to know where to look for leftovers once the kernel is
> uninstalled; I'm able to track down the location of Grub's menu.lst and
> of the kernel modules, but that's about it. I'm just trying to get some
> input from more experienced users before 'giving it a try'; eventually,
> I *will* do that, and follow with any questions or problems I may face.

I don't know if this is the correct way, but I just remove all files in
/boot that resemble the kernel version, plus
/lib/modules/<kernel-version> plus edit the /boot/grub/menu.lst by hand
and remove the lines for the kernel.

Now that I think about it, maybe I should to it via package management...

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

You're currently going through a difficult transition period called "Life."