qtconfig-qt4 font-setting has no effect?

Hi,

Recently I found the font of qt-based application looked abnormal. I used 'qtconfig-qt4' to set the font to another one, when saving it, the specified font setting has effect on the already opened qt applications. However, when I restarted 'qtconfig-qt4' or any other qt4-based apps, the fonts are back to the previous one. It seems that the font-setting has no permanent effect?

Anyone met this problem before? I am using debian 5.0.3/lenny (2.6.26-2)

Thanks,
Michael.