Mldonkey not showing logs in web Gui

Howdy, fellow Debianites!

I've recently started using mldonkey/mlnet; it's a great p2p client,
but the version from testing (3.0.0-3) never shows any logs in the web
browser interface; every time you click on "Log", it just prints:

------------ End of log

The same goes for its telnet interface when you issue the command "log"
-- as opposed to "mldonkey-gui" which duly prints the program's log
messages. This question has already been asked on the mldonkey's forum,
but never got an answer. Is there anything I can do to make logs show
in mldonkey's web interface, or is this a bug?

--
Regards,

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801