Re: site to which iceweasel cannot connect - SOLVED

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 12:32:43 -0400, I wrote:

> From iceweasel, I can never connect to this site:
>
>   http://cincinnati.com/blogs/politics/

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 21:15:45 +0200, Florian Kulzer replied:

> Try if you can connect to the server using telnet on port 80:
>
>   telnet cincinnati.com 80

This immediately revealed the problem, which is that I am occasionally an
idiot.  The output was:

  Trying 127.0.0.1...

at which point I realized that I had this in /etc/hosts:

  127.0.0.1     cincinnati.com

I do this when a site is responsible for annoying browser ads that I want to
avoid.  Now I actually want some content from that site.  I deleted the line
from /etc/hosts, and it's fixed.

Thanks for providing the critical test, Florian.