Re: OT question about sound cards/chip-sets and high-end music systems

steef wrote:
> H.S. wrote:
>>
>> Not sure if this is professional grade, but I have used M-audio 2496
>> (http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Audiophile2496.html). It has
>> worked like a charm. Used it for live music recording and also for
>> playback via a mixer. The system is Ubuntu based, but should have no
>> problem in Debian either.
>>
>> Good luck.
>>

> hi johannes (if you read this):
>
> ...interesting!
>
> do you happen to know if ALSA can initialize the chip of M-audio 2496?
> and, what is the code of the chip of this card?

er ... looks like your query was directed at me.

The M-audio 2496, as far as I recall, worked out of the box with alsa on
Ubuntu (since Gutsy, did it have 2.6.24 kernel). So I would expect it to
work out of the box on any typical Debian desktop computer with any
recent or new kernel. In fact, I would expect the card to work with
pulseaudio as well.

regards,
->HS

ever having been read.