Re: Iceape video problem

Thomas H. George wrote:
On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 03:20:49PM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:

<snip>
I think you should check if iceape actually uses the correct plugin (and
not some outdated file that was left behind during an earlier attempt to
get flash working, for example).

Here is how to do that (for iceweasel, I hope it also works for iceape):

Ah-ha! Found the difference.  The listing for Shockwave Flash is
identical to that shown below except for the entry for the File Name:

For the system that doen't play videos: npwrapper.libflashplayer.so

For the system that plays videos: libflashplayer.so

I deleted all the npwrapper entries in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins and
added a symbolic link to /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so.
Now the iceape browser plays youtube videos.  All OK.

iceape is apparently different from iceweasel - I cannot find any
about:config.  In preferences/helper applications there is a box "Always
use the Netscape Plug-In Finder Service (PFS) to get plugins"  This box
has always been checked.  In the top menu bar the pull down from Help
includes an item About Plug-ins.

<snip>
Unless I have missed the obvious, I think what Florian was suggesting is that you type in the words "about:config" (without quotes) into the address bar of your browser and hit enter.  You'll get a warning concerning making changes in this section, but once you click on the button that says "I understand and wish to continue" you should see what Florian described.

If you already knew all that then sorry for repeating the obvious.

AG