Re: How much RAM can debian support?

Hi,

> I'm moving to a Macbook soon(staying with debian tho:p) and apple keep
> advertising that snow leopard can support 16 exobytes of RAM. Im just
> wondering how much can 64-bit debian support?
the theoretical maximum for Linux is currently 128 TiB. However, this discussion is moot because AFAIK none of the current chipsets (nor the CPUs themselves) support this maximum theoretical amount of RAM - including the Intel processors in Macbooks.

And quite frankly I think you will at the very least change your Macbook several times before you are even offered that amount of RAM in any real life shop ;)

// Oliver

PS: Also see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X64#Linux