Re: Important commands lose permissions after upgrades.

Nuno Magalhães:
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 11:52, Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
>> Jochen Schulz put forth on 10/9/2009 1:57 AM:
>>>
>>> I hate hard disks. Never trust them, irrespective of their age.
>>
>> I second that.
>
> Thanks for the input but i can't see how hard-drive failiure would
> make specific system commands lose permissions when i run apt-get
> dist-upgrade.

As I said, my story probably has nothing to do with your problem.

> If it one or two, maybe, but all these specifically? I
> think it's leftovers from when i - briely - had Bastille but i've long
> since purged it.

How did you install bastille? If you used a Debian package, did you
purge it (dpkg --purge)?

J.
--
I wish I had been aware enough to enjoy my time as a toddler.
[Agree]   [Disagree]