Re: segmentation fault with NVIDIA 32bit part

lee schreef:

> > Without having the 32bit compatibility libraries installed? I have
> > quake4 and don't know about quake3, but all games that aren't 64bit
> > seem to need the 32bit drivers.
Well, yes. This is what I've installed:
i   nvidia-glx
i   nvidia-kernel-2.6.31
i A nvidia-kernel-common
i   nvidia-kernel-source
And looking at the frame rate I must have *some* hardware acceleration.
Yet, I thought that the opengl support is in separate libraries, and
that nvidia is just a driver. A program does not use drivers as
libraries, is it? Don't you need 32 bit versions of either
libgl1-mesa-dri or libgl1-mesa-glx? Using apt-file, quake3 need a
libGL.so. I have /usr/lib32/libGL.so from the ia32-libs package.

Sjoerd