Re: segmentation fault with NVIDIA 32bit part

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 01:36:58PM +0200, Sjoerd Hardeman wrote:
> lee schreef:
> >On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 08:00:52PM -0700, David Fox wrote:
> >>More to the point, since you have an amd64 system, why bother with
> >>ia32 components? I don't recall any need for ia32 for nvidia.
> >
> >Where do you get a 64bit version of X3? Or X2? Quake? Doom? Tribal
> >Trouble? And so on ...
>
> My quake3 copy is running fine with the 64-bit nvidia drivers.

Without having the 32bit compatibility libraries installed? I have
quake4 and don't know about quake3, but all games that aren't 64bit
seem to need the 32bit drivers.

> Good to know. Thanks

X2 is working great, though (but I haven't played it on amd64, only
x86)--- if you're interested in X3, you might want to start with
X2. Maybe they get X3 fixed at some time. Both games are _very_
similar, which is a good thing. I didn't get very far with X3 yet
because of the crashes and because it's running in slow motion, but it
seems to be a very good successor. After having played X2, I was
waiting like 2-1/2 years for X3 to find out how the story goes on. I
hope they'll also port the others ...