Creating progress bars with debconf

I want to use debconf to display progress information to the user.

I'm doing a netboot install of lenny on many i386 systems using URL preseeding plus a late_command shell script.  I want to give user feedback from the late_command script.

I've seen some references to "db_progress", but there doesn't seem to be any documentation on how to use this function.  A google for "debconf db_progress" doesn't turn up much.

Does anyone have any pointers?

Add other email accounts to Hotmail in 3 easy steps. Find out how.