Re: Installing Debian on an Alix 2d3 using PXE

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 03:10:33AM +0200, Urs Hunkeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install Debian on an Alix 2d3 board (installing from
> network using PXE, the installer runs in a serial console).

This is definitely some serious expert activity in which so many things
can go wrong.

At least you have normal CPU 500 MHz AMD Geode LX800.

(I am thinking to do this soon but I have not done this yet.)

> What is going on? Why doesn't the installer use the network? How can I
> debug this?
> Any help is appreciated!

I can only suggest followings:

 * read all of install guide.  (Especially TFTP set up)
  http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/
  http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch04s05
  http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch05s01#boot-tftp

If you face problem, debian-boot may be better place.

Osamu