Re: segmentation fault with NVIDIA 32bit part

lee schreef:
On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 08:00:52PM -0700, David Fox wrote:
More to the point, since you have an amd64 system, why bother with
ia32 components? I don't recall any need for ia32 for nvidia.

Where do you get a 64bit version of X3? Or X2? Quake? Doom? Tribal
Trouble? And so on ...
My quake3 copy is running fine with the 64-bit nvidia drivers. I got those from sid, by the way, and compiled them for a non-Debian kernel using 'm-a a-i nvidia' as suggested in the other thread. It also runs openarena which is a far superior opensource clone of quake3.
I already told LGP a couple times that they need to make a 64bit
version of X3 (even before it came out), but they refused and claim
the 32bit version works just fine. But it doesn't work at all, it's
running in slow motion and keeps crashing. For anyone who plans on
buying that game, just don't. It's a nice game, but before they fixed
these problems, it's a waste of money. If they don't fix it soon, they
should take it back ...
Good to know. Thanks

Sjoerd