Re: Debian Testing and ext4 :?

Szymon G wrote:
> hi
> I've got question: can i install Debian Squeezy (installed from one of
> those cds http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/iso-cd/
> ) be installed properly on ext4 (with seperate /boot on ext3)? i mean:
> will it boot properly etc etc?
> just wanna ask before i'll download it and format my harddrive :)
>
> szymon

Hi, my laptop has been on ext4 since kernel 2.6.30 is out (used daily),
and my main desktop too (on a raid1, no separate /boot with "grub2")
which is mostly on 24/7. No problem here (both Squeeze amd64).
Huge improvement in tasks like kernel compil time, kernel source tree
deletion, copy of large HD video files etc... and off course fsck
running time. I was using data=writeback (now kernel default) and
relatime mount option on ext3, but kept the default options on ext4
(data=ordered), despite this the improvement is quite sensible for my use.

Tom