RE: Xorg ABI version

I suspect you might need to go back to a version of Debian that used XFree86
4.0, which was Debian 3.1 (Sarge), however I could be wrong.

If that is the case, though, then I wouldn't actually recommend going back
to such an old version.  I would suggest either using the free open source
SIS drivers in Lenny or Squeeze, or using the VESA driver if the SIS driver
doesn't work, or as a last resort, use a different video card.