Re: Installing SId version of Xorg

On Sun, Oct 04, 2009 at 04:49:52PM -0400, Frank wrote:

Hi,

> I'm running Squeeze and having a lot of trouble with Xorg freeze with my
> Intel video, so I'd like to install the Xorg version of Sid, while keeping the option
> to go back to the testing version.

Don't forget that you need the latest linux-image from sid aswell.

Beside the hints given for pinning and setting the default release I'd
consider, for a one time pick, to just change your sources.list to unstable,
apt-get update && apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel xserver-xorg-core
  linux-image-2.6.30-2-<yourarch>.

Afterwards just switch your sources.list back to squeeze and apt-get update.

Sven
--
They're the cowards We are rebels
We got the power to fight the devil