Re: OT: mutt/nano spellchecking

On Sun, Oct 04, 2009 at 08:39:36AM -0400, Tony Baldwin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of the things keeping me from using Mutt as my default mail client
> all the time is the lack of certain spell check features.

You did not like "i" from mutt to use console spell checker?  There is
native method.  Menu say ispell but in reality, compatible aspell
package is needed.

> I wasn't aware at all, until today, that I could set up nano to spell
>check, but now have it working with Aspell, and, thus, spell check, at
>the very least, in English.

nano may also be set up to use spell checker.

> However, I write e-mails in 4 different languages (both icedove, and
> the gmail online interface allow me to spell check my messages in any
> variety of languages).  Does anyone know of a means to configure nano,
> and, to work with mutt, so that one may alternate languages for spell
> check purposes, as can be done in icedove, tbird, etc.?

If you use mutt native method, you can set up different environment for
each folder, I think.  Good luck.

Osamu