Re: Suggestions for video/tv capture?

2009/10/4 Mark Allums <mark@allums.com>:
>> I have a Leadtek DTV 1000T and it works great under linux (never used
>> it under windows)
>> <snip>
>> $ lspci -nnn
>> 05:01.0 Multimedia video controller [0400]: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI
>> Video and Audio Decoder [14f1:8800] (rev 05)
>> 05:01.2 Multimedia controller [0480]: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video
>> and Audio Decoder [MPEG Port] [14f1:8802] (rev 05)
>> </snip>
>>
>> Regards
>> Dale
>

> Do these here video capture cards, here, properly ignore the (US, at least)
> "Broadcast Flag"?  I want to capture for DVR purposes.  I'm not interested
> in defeating copy protection, e.g., Macrovision, or copying tapes/DVDs, just
> want to time shift TV for watching later, and don't want to be
> inconvenienced by network "glitches".
>
> Mark Allums

I can't answer that question as I never used the card outside of
Australia, and I have not tried doing any time shift stuff with it as
I just use a program called Me TV[1], and basic capture of stuff. Here
is the overview of the said card[2] on the manufactures website.

[1] http://packages.debian.org/search?suite=all&section=all&arch=any&searchon=names&keywords=me-tv
[2] http://www.leadtek.com.tw/eng/tv_tuner/overview.asp?lineid=6&pronameid=220

Regards
Dale
--
[WWW] http://quail.southernvaleslug.org/
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level