Re: very large fonts in gtk-gnutella

Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 23:59:33 +0200, steef wrote:
hi list,

gtk-gnutella started today unexpected with very  - too - large
fonts. is there a way to manipulate this phenomenon for which i
cannot discover any reason??

Suggestions:

- Check if

  xdpyinfo | grep -E 'resol|dimens'

  reports the correct physical dimensions and resolution for your
  screen.

- Have a look if there are any unusual font specifications in
  ~/.gtkrc-2.0.

hi florian,

i went to work with my lenny-distro. could not find anything wrong. so i got rid of my 'old' gnutella that i compiled starting with the very oldfashioned command ./Configure &&.

Instead of that command i used @./build.sh && and, behold, all was normal again. this explains nothing I guess. I derive only some hunches out of this.

your command: (in the new situation):

steef@lenny1:~$ xdpyinfo | grep -E 'resol|dimens'
 dimensions:    1440x900 pixels (411x263 millimeters)
 resolution:    89x87 dots per inch

.......gives nothing abnormal. before (i tried it out already) it gave me a resolution of 800x600; completely out of range.

before that i experimented with *their* nvidia-driver (installed bu doing sgfxi -c in /usr/local/bin) and i experienced some problems with anti-aliasing my utf-8 system fonts. maybe that 's the heart of this slight trouble. however: it was temporary a real mess.

regards and thank you!,

steef

--
steef van duin